|500 Index Fund Inv||VFINX||17.1||5.84%||1.68%|
|Growth Index Fund Inv||VIGRX||22.9||4.36%||0.69%|
|Large-Cap Index Fund Inv||VLACX||17.8||5.61%||1.57%|
|Total Stock Mkt Idx Inv||VTSMX||18.5||5.40%||1.55%|
|Value Index Fund Inv||VIVAX||14.4||6.94%||2.45%|
|Extended Mkt Index Inv||VEXMX||25.5||3.92%||0.99%|
|Mid-Cap Index Fund Inv||VIMSX||21.1||4.73%||1.01%|
|Small-Cap Growth Index||VISGX||29.6||3.37%||0.23%|
|Small-Cap Index Fund Inv||NAESX||23.9||4.18%||1.07%|
|Small-Cap Value Index||VISVX||19.8||5.05%||1.93%|
|REIT Index Fund Inv||VGSIX||38||2.63%||3.74%|
|Emerging Mkts Stock Index||VEIEX||13.1||7.63%||-|
|European Stock Index Inv||VEURX||14.9||6.71%||-|
|Pacific Stock Index Inv||VPACX||21.8||4.58%||-|
* Small cap index funds are richly valued.
* The broader small cap index and small cap growth index funds have P/E ratios well above 20. The small cap growth index fund has bubble like P/E ratio of 29.6.
* The small cap value index is valued at 19.8 times the earnings. In comparison, the total stock market index has P/E ratio of 18.5. Here we have an instance of value having rich valuation than blend.
* The Large cap value index remains relatively cheap to other indexes. It also has a good dividend yield of 2.45%.
* REIT index's P/E ratio is in the stratosphere.
* Pacific stock index that includes substantial holdings in Japan is not cheap either.
* Emerging markets index has the lowest P/E ratio of the group.
Data Source: The Vanguard Group